Friday, October 1, 2010

Update

Life is not easy, no one every said it would be. These last weeks I have felt that the tumors were growing, I could feel shifts and changes in my back and pelvis. Given these feelings, I pushed my scan date up two weeks. The scan showed that the tumors have grown, argh. As you can imagine this was VERY depressing news as I was hoping to get some relief on Votrient.

My plan now is to do what they call a compasstionate care clinical trial (a drug called Yondelis) in Santa Monica which I will start in just under 3 weeks, not soon enough in my mind but a "flush out" period is need before I start the new drug.

I am trying to keep my head up and look on the bright side, which isn't easy. The "bright" side is the are no new tumors, nothing in vital organs other than the right kidney, and one only needs one kidney, right?

This is not fun.

Becca

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Becca. I'm sorry about the lousy scan. This is some roller coaster ride you are on, that's for sure. Do you ever feel like you are in a dream? I do, sometimes. Life can be so surreal. I just wanted to send you some love. You are a courageous woman, beautiful inside and out. I know you would choose to be less courageous, I mean not to have such need for courage, but how fortunate that it is there for you when you need it. Our brains are like that, aren't they: like a magician's hat that we keep pulling rabbits out of. Remember: everyone suffers. Everyone gets sick or injured. You are not alone in this, or anything else under the sun.

    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing You Much Love & Strength, Becca.
    We Love You!
    I have had some cancer experience myself, still being monitored...
    Please send us an e-mail or phone number...
    Love, Gary & Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard from Steve Juniper that your were coming to Santa Monica. Would like very much to say hello and BTW I have been working in and out of all the local hospitals here so may have some way to make your stay better.
    Hugs, Billy
    billmarley@gmail.com
    310-678-2300

    ReplyDelete