Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rough Patch

Becca has been getting worse since October 10, when she had another successful benefit for LMS at Julia Morgan Theater. She made it to Santa Monica to get the Yondelis (mentioned in her previous post) but she never got it because some enzyme in her liver wouldn't cooperate, so she had to return home the next day. The enzyme is still too high to go back down so she's tweaking the pain medication to see if that helps. She is also getting hydrated for a couple days at Alta Bates Cancer Center. Appetite is not great, and constipation is a constant problem. I wish I had better news to report.

There was a really good article that chronicles Becca's plight and her caring cancer community in the East Bay Monthly, just out on Tuesday. It includes good photos too. Check it out here:http://www.themonthly.com/feature1011.html

...and think good thoughts. She needs them. We need them.

Love,

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I saw the article on you and LMS. It was wonderful - very informative and moving. I am recovered from surgery, mostly, and today we had Aviva's Bat Mitzvah and evening teen party. It was wonderful, but very exhausting. I'm sorry you weren't able to get the treatment you were hoping to try because of your liver, and that in general life has been so hard for you lately. Now that I'm back in the swing of things and done with Avi's Bat-M, I should have more time. I hope to see you soon, darlin'.
    Much love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete